Thank you

Thank you kindly for stopping by !

Dad

I have not posted in awhile, I have been with my father during his struggle with his health. I am sorry to say he lost that battle Friday. I know he is in a better place but struggle with that reality. Today is the funeral and I am unable to sleep, hopefully the rain will hold off. He is having a military service, the flag will be handed to me....to ME. I have been at services and watched some on TV when others are handed the flag, I just never thought I would be that someone. I do have a great family who are here with me......

5 comments:

Aunt 'Reen said...

Beverly - sending you lots of love & prayers today!

I too received my father's flag and as difficult as it was on the day of his funeral - it is proudly displayed in my home and has since brought me great comfort, pride and loving reminders of him.

I wish the same experience for you!
May God provide you with great Love & Comfort during this emotionally difficult time!

love,
Doreen

Anonymous said...

How wonderful Bev that the flag was passed to you. There is always a reason for these moments in life, and one day they will be explained in full...what an honor.

GOD loves you and your wonderful family.

Kelly~MysticalEntities said...

Bev,

I am so sorry for the loss of your father. What an honorable man he was. I wish I could be there for you now.
Sending loving warm embraces to you and your family.

Skellyton Art said...

Bev,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss and I am sorry I have been absent to console you.
I know your heart is heavy with grief. I wish I could truly give you a hug.

Miss you
Shirley

Snugglebug Blessings said...

So sorry to hear your father past away. It is a very hard thing to endure. What a great honor to receive the flag. Men like your father and mine are a very rare breed and we need more of them today. They served our country well. My prayers and thoughts will be with you. God bless. Cathy

Rest in Piece my friend

Rest in Piece my friend
Our one-eyed pound puppy

RIP.... Wild CAt VelCro